My friend Greg Stier is now blogging. You’ve got to check out this video from his Dare 2 Share Conferences in 2005-06. It’s pretty funny.
You’ve got to check out my new favorite website. It’s http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/index_uk.php. You can create subtitles to movies and send them to friends. I know it sounds corny, but try it. You’ll love it!
Breanna and Chris will be appearing in a drama together on Mother’s Day weekend at Wooddale Church. They play a brother and sister. You can catch them at all six weekend services.
I found out about the coolest program today. It’s called “Shield A Badge.” As many of you know, I serve as a police chaplain for the Eden Prairie Police Department. I love this position because it gives me an opportunity to know the police officers and firemen in our community. They are some great people who have a dangerous job.
Shield A Badge is a program where every police officer in the Eden Prairie Police Department is given a prayer partner. The prayer partner is given the officers name and badge number and encouraged to pray for the officer throughout the year. You are allowed to write the officer on two occasions during the year, so long as you do not try to witness to the officer.
Most officers really appreciate and value this program. It means a lot to the to know that someone is praying. Would you consider being a part of this program? If you are interested, e-mail me at email@example.com and I’ll let you know how you can get involved. This involves a commitment to pray for an officer every day for an entire year. Make sure that you are willing to make that type of commitment before e-mailing me.
Today is a strange day. You can now purchase something with my name in the title on ebay. Check this out, and bid on it: http://cgi.ebay.com/Choose-Your-Top-3-by-Brian-Schulenburg-2006_W0QQitemZ4633862595QQcategoryZ378QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
There are only 3 left!
Today marked the final day of Mission Impossible. For the past two weeks anywhere between five and 23 of us have been gathering together at 6:00 in the morning to watch a Rob Bell video, but more importantly to beg God to begin a spiritual awakeing inside of us that will spread throughout Wooddale Senior High, Wooddale Church, our area, our city, churches across the world, our nation and the world.
Here are some observations that I have:
1. Students continue to blow me away, even after fifteen years of youth ministry. I love the passion that they have to change their world, and to see God work through them.
2. Students can be prayer warriors. I have never heard such sweet and passionate prayers.
3. Students like sacrifice. They enjoyed waking up at 6:00 in the morning, because it was among other things a tangible way to show their love and devotion to God.
4. Prayer really does make an impact. We saw so many prayer requests answered in the ten days that we me.
5. This is important. We probably need to try to do this at least once a week throughout the year.
6. People need Jesus. They really do. That was shown again and again as we met. And, I need to be more grateful for what Jesus has done for me.
7. God will never say, “No,” to a person asking for spiritual awakening in their own life. Jesus is moving in the lives of those who gathered.
8. I’m part of something really special here. I really do have one of the most incredible jobs in the world.
9. We have a great volunteer staff. So many of them came out at least once to pray, seek God’s face, and encourage students.
10. Students today have it tough. They really do. It’s not just a copout when they are making wrong choices. It’s tougher to grow up today than ever before.
Will you join us in praying for a spiritual awakening?
My mother-in-law sent me this story. Did you hear about the farmer in Australia that was losing his sheep? True story, he could not figure out why, but he had sheep that were disappearing every night from his pasture. So, he decided to put up electric fencing. The snake above is what he found. The huge snake had been eating his sheep.